Our housing program exists to maintain all of the district's apartment complex. Learn more about the variety of services we offer.
In order to foster the recruitment and retention of qualified and dedicated employees, it is the policy of the Ganado Unified School District to provide available housing to its employees at reasonable rates. In order to establish eligibility for housing; to assign the usual responsibilities for the landlord and tenant for the repair, maintenance, and improvement of the housing and premises; to avoid environmental hazards; and to promote community harmony, we have established the policies and developed the forms available in the sidebar of this page.
There are seven apartment complexes district-wide, six on the main campus and one at the high school campus. The apartments consists of single, duplex, three, and six-plex dwelling units. In whole, housing is in the most need of renovated spaces and/or new units. There are plans to remodel five elementary apartments and build ten additional units which could start within the next year or two. Apartments will continue to be refurbished as they become vacant.
- HS apartment 123 & 125 - Replace windows, sliding doors, siding, and roof.
- OHS and Redwood apartments - Asbestos and lead abatement, and demolition.
- Trailer Court - Purchase three two bedroom and two bath trailers.
- Elementary apartment 19 through 23 - Continue feasibility study and A&E to determine project cost to remodel the five apartments.
- Continue to remodel apartments as they become vacant interior/exterior.
Housing Application Criteria
- Submit housing application
- Submit letter requesting housing
- Copy of current contract indicating full-time employment
- Copy of consultant contract/agreement (if applicable)
Wesley Begay, Housing Maintenance Supervisor
Linda Beck, Maintenance Secretary
Kevin Watchman, Maintenance Worker II Housing
Eli Williams, Maintenance Worker III Plumber
Keith Long, Maintenance Worker III Electrician
Thurman Lee, Groundskeeper
Boyd Williams, P/T Worker